Sunday, October 3, 2010

Our Gospel for Sept 15. Please share your reflections, your thoughts in our daily bible sharing. God bless!

September 15, 2010

John 19:25-27

Standing by the cross of Jesus were his mother and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene. When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple there whom he loved he said to his mother, "Woman, behold, your son." Then he said to the disciple, "Behold, your mother." And from that hour the disciple took her into his home.
    •  
      Edgardo Lucena
      ‎"Honor your father and your mother, that you may have a long life in the land which the LORD, your God, is giving you." Exodus 20:12

      I remember this verse when I read today's gospel.

      Oftentimes, due to the complexities of life and the Zoom g...eneration, we tend to take our parents for granted. What's worst is that, sometimes we forget to honor them.

      As a child and now a parent to my own children, I pray lord God that I may always be a good father, and if there are shortcomings I may have intentionally or unintentionally committed to my parents, I ask for your forgiveness.

      Some of us may not be lucky enough to see our parents around anymore. While you still can, show them your love, your care, your patience and your understanding. And God will bless you for it.

      Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please type your sharing/reflection here.