Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Where I am going you cannot come. Our Gospel for April 12, 2011

John 8:21-30

Jesus said to the Pharisees:
“I am going away and you will look for me,
but you will die in your sin.
Where I am going you cannot come.”
So the Jews said,
“He is not going to kill himself, is he,
because he said, ‘Where I am going you cannot come’?”
He said to them, “You belong to what is below,
I belong to what is above.
You belong to this world,
but I do not belong to this world.
That is why I told you that you will die in your sins.
For if you do not believe that I AM,
you will die in your sins.”
So they said to him, “Who are you?”
Jesus said to them, “What I told you from the beginning.
I have much to say about you in condemnation.
But the one who sent me is true,
and what I heard from him I tell the world.”
They did not realize that he was speaking to them of the Father.
So Jesus said to them,
“When you lift up the Son of Man,
then you will realize that I AM,
and that I do nothing on my own,
but I say only what the Father taught me.
The one who sent me is with me.
He has not left me alone,
because I always do what is pleasing to him.”
Because he spoke this way, many came to believe in him.

Hindi kayo makakapunta sa aking pupuntahan.

Juan 8:21-30


Muling sinabi ni Jesus sa kanila: Ako ay aalis at hahanapin ninyo ako. Kayo ay mamamatay sa inyong mga kasalanan. Hindi kayo makakapunta sa aking pupuntahan.
   
Sinabi nga ng mga Judio: Magpapakamatay ba siya kaya niya sinabi: Sa aking pupuntahan ay hindi kayo makakapunta?
   
Sinabi niya sa kanila: Kayo ay mga taga-ibaba, ako ay taga-itaas. Kayo ay mga taga-sanlibutan, ako ay hindi taga-sanlibutan. Sinasabi ko nga sa inyo na kayo ay mamamatay sa inyong mga kasalanan. Ito ay sapagkat kung hindi kayo sumampalataya na ako nga iyon, mamamatay kayo sa inyong mga kasalanan.
   
Sinabi nga nila sa kaniya: Sino ka ba?
   Sinabi ni Jesus sa kanila: Ako yaong sinabi ko sa inyo nang pasimula pa. Marami akong mga bagay na sasabihin at ihahatol sa inyo. Siya na nagsugo sa akin ay totoo. Kung ano ang narinig ko mula sa kaniya ay sinasabi ko sa sanlibutan.
   
 Hindi nila naunawaan na ang sinabi niya sa kanila ay patungkol sa Ama. Kaya nga, sinabi ni Jesus sa kanila: Kapag naitaas na ninyo ang Anak ng tao ay saka ninyo makikilala na ako nga siya. Malalaman ninyo na wala akong ginagawa nang sa sarili ko. Subalit kung papaano ako tinuturuan ng Ama ay gayunding sinasabi ko ang mga bagay na ito. Siya na nagsugo sa akin ay kasama ko. Hindi ako iniwang mag-isa ng Ama sapagkat lagi kong ginagawa ang mga bagay na nakakalugod sa kaniya. Habang sinabi niya ang mga bagay na ito, marami ang sumampalataya sa kaniya.

1 comment:

Ed Lucena said...

Jesus identifies Himself consistently with the Father who sent Him. He even refers to Himself as I AM, the divine name by which God revealed Himself to Moses (Ex 3:14). Jesus then proclaims His intimate relationship with the Father who sent Him. He trusts in the Father. Always obedient to the Father’s will, Jesus is confident that the Father will never abandon Him. Jesus confesses that the unbelievers will crucify Him (they will “lift Him up”) and His closest disciples will abandon Him, but He will never be alone because the Father will be there for Him. In fact, His crucifixion will turn out to be another “lifting up,” this time by the Father who will give Him glory, the glory that He had in the beginning. Thus, it will truly be clear why He can say “I AM.”

Ref: 365 with the Lord

Post a Comment

Please type your sharing/reflection here.