Friday, April 8, 2011

His hour had not yet come. Our Gospel for April 8, 2011


John 7:1-2, 10, 25-30

Jesus moved about within Galilee;he did not wish to travel in Judea,because the Jews were trying to kill him. But the Jewish feast of Tabernacles was near.
But when his brothers had gone up to the feast, he himself also went up, not openly but as it were in secret. Some of the inhabitants of Jerusalem said, "Is he not the one they are trying to kill?
And look, he is speaking openly and they say nothing to him. Could the authorities have realized that he is the Christ? But we know where he is from. When the Christ comes, no one will know where he is from."
So Jesus cried out in the temple area as he was teaching and said,
"You know me and also know where I am from.
Yet I did not come on my own,
but the one who sent me, whom you do not know, is true. I know him, because I am from him, and he sent me." So they tried to arrest him, but no one laid a hand upon him, because his hour had not yet come.

1 comment:

Ed Lucena said...

A couple of years ago, when I heard the bad news from my brother that my father was in the hospital due to cerebral hemorrhage or "stroke" in Pinoy language, I prayed constantly while I'm on my way to the hospital for his recovery and asking the lord "Huwag muna nyo syang kunin dahil hindi pa kami handa."(we were not yet ready)

I don't remember exactly how many mysteries of the rosary I prayed while driving to the hospital.

Despite my continues pleading and praying for his life to be extended just a little bit, He was gone when I arrived at the hospital... It was one of my saddest point in life seeing my father lifeless body on the stretcher...

When I think about that incident in my life and as I relate that with the Gospel today, I could only surmise that when your time is up, you have to go no matter what.

On the contrary, there are instances that one have survived some tragic vehicular accidents "scratch free" while all the other passengers were dead.

As we continue our journey in this life, no one except the Father knows when our final hours will be. Accordingly, all are to watch and to wait and to be ready at any moment for the coming of the kingdom, for it will come “like a thief in the night.”

For those who believe there is nothing to fear. In fact, the coming of the kingdom is an object of hope and desire for those who love the Lord. For, every time we pray the Our Father we beseech the Lord: “Thy kingdom come.”

Lord how I missed my parents. Please take care of them as they have taken cared of us here on earth. I earnestly pray that you will continue to bless them and use them for your glory in heaven.

May you also shower your blessings to us here on earth forever!

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit. Amen!

Post a Comment

Please type your sharing/reflection here.