Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our Gospel for January 3. Jesus Preached the Gospel and Heals the Sick.


Mt 4:12-17, 23-25

When Jesus heard that John had been arrested,
he withdrew to Galilee.
He left Nazareth and went to live in Capernaum by the sea,
in the region of Zebulun and Naphtali,
that what had been said through Isaiah the prophet
might be fulfilled:

Land of Zebulun and land of Naphtali,
the way to the sea, beyond the Jordan,

Galilee of the Gentiles,

the people who sit in darkness

have seen a great light,

on those dwelling in a land overshadowed by death

light has arisen.

From that time on, Jesus began to preach and say,
“Repent, for the Kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

He went around all of Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom, and curing every disease and illness among the people.
His fame spread to all of Syria, and they brought to him all who were sick with various diseases and racked with pain,
those who were possessed, lunatics, and paralytics,
and he cured them. And great crowds from Galilee, the Decapolis, Jerusalem, and Judea,and from beyond the Jordan followed him.

1 comment:

Ed Lucena said...

In the name of Jesus....

I had some actual experience of healing my daughter one early morning when she came into our bedroom complaining about excruciating pain on her left ear.

Suddenly awaken and groggy, I woke up and checked out my daughters ear. She said that an insect crawled inside her ear and the pain is unbearable.

She tapped her temple several times trying to shake out the insect out but nothing happened. I tried to check out the ear using a lamp because at that time a flashlight in the house could not be found. I told myself: What? We don't have a flashlight in the house? So I used a bedside lamp to inspect her ear because it says that insects are attracted to light and they can find their way out when they see lights because they don't want to stay there either. But still the pain persisted. I wanted to take her to a doctor but it was 4AM in the morning and I think ENT's are not available until doctor's office hours.

Our children when they're still young and they complained about pain, you worry right? But it is the same feeling even when they've grown up. My daughter Irish, is already 22, and it still bothers us parents when you see them suffer from pain.

So what I did to take out the insect is; I sucked her ear using my lips, thinking that the vacuum pressure will suck the insect out down to my throat. Scary isn't it? But I'm ready for that since I can't bear to see her suffering from that pain. So there we are, her face on the bed and me sucking out her left ear at 4 in the morning, but nothing happened. I also tried using a syringe without the needle of course, and I cut out the end part of the plastic cover to use it as a small pressure device to suck out the insect but still nothing. Nada!

By the way, while doing these home remedies experimentation, I told my daughter to calm down and pray fervently with us, my wife lenny included to take out the pain and to heal whatever she's going through at that very moment.

But still the pain persisted and I tried everything I can do to alleviate her suffering so I prayed again more harder than my first and second prayer calling on the name of Jesus Christ so many times I could not remember how many to grant healing on my daughters ear problem.

After the prayer of healing, and after a short while, I asked her how's the pain. She said it's still there but not as painful as before. I asked her again after several minutes and she said the pain faded away until finally she went back to sleep on our bed. I praised God once again for his mercy and went back to bed feeling fulfilled about God's healing power.

And that's the power of prayer.

Some of us may have experienced the same thing. Our God is a healing God. Let's implore the name of Jesus Christ to heal our sickness, to heal our brokenness in marriage and family, jobs, friendships and all the problems we experience in our lives.

After all He is the most powerful ever living God.

God bless you forever!

Post a Comment

Please type your sharing/reflection here.