Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our Gospel for January 13.The Cleansing of a Leper.

Mark 1:40-45 
A leper came to him and kneeling down begged him and said, “If you wish, you can make me clean.” Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand, touched the leper, and said to him,  “I do will it. 
Be made clean.” The leprosy left him immediately, and he was made clean. Then, warning him sternly, he dismissed him at once.
Then he said to him, 
“See that you tell no one anything, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer for your cleansing what Moses prescribed; that will be proof for them.” 

The man went away and began to publicize the whole matter.
He spread the report abroad so that it was impossible for Jesus to enter a town openly. He remained outside in deserted places, and people kept coming to him from everywhere.


Nilinis ni Jesus ang Lalaking Ketongin
Marcos 1:40-45
 40At isang ketongin ang lumapit kay Jesus na namamanhik at naninikluhod sa kaniya. Sinabi niya kay Jesus: Kung ibig mo, malilinis mo ako!    
 41Nahabag si Jesus. Iniunat niya ang kaniyang kamay at hinipo ang ketongin at sinabi: Ibig ko. Luminis ka. 42Nang masabi ito ni Jesus, biglang nawala ang ketong at luminis siya.

   
 43Agad siyang pinaalis ni Jesus na may mahigpit na bilin. 44Sinabi ni Jesus: Huwag na huwag mong sasabihin kaninuman ang nangyaring ito, sa halip, pumunta ka at magpakita sa saserdote. Maghain ka para sa iyong pagkalinis ayon sa iniutos ni Moises, bilang patotoo sa kanila. 45Ngunit nang lumabas ang tao ay ipinamalita at ikinalat sa marami ang nangyari sa kaniya. Dahil dito, hindi na hayagang makapasok ng lungsod si Jesus. Naroon na lamang siya sa mga ilang na pook sa labas ng bayan. Gayunman, pinuntahan pa rin siya ng mga tao buhat sa iba't ibang dako.

1 comment:

Ed Lucena said...

I think it's human nature to share our good experience with someone even though when we are told not to tell it to anyone.

I remember the time when my first child was born, I could not help telling it to the first stranger I met in the hospital that I am now a father to a baby boy and he congratulated me. Why did I do that? Because I was beaming with joy.

The same thing happened to the leper. I don't think he intentionally disobeyed Jesus but he could just not contain himself to tell the good news to everyone.

Personally, God has done wonderful things for us and I could just not contain to tell everyone the miracles he has done for me and my family. Aside from the little blessings that we receive each and every single day like, protection from sickness, protection from accidents, there is one big miracle that I personally will be thankful for, for the rest of my life.

When I lost my full time job and money became scarce, I could not afford anymore to support the education of my youngest child in college.

I told him that we will try our best to get him back to school as soon as I find a regular job. And like an obedient son (another blessing from God), he accepted the fact that he will stop going to school for a while.

But as I said, God found a way to provide for the payment of his tuition fee. Would you believe that he used someone, who is not even related to us (blood relations)and offered to pay for my child's education with the term Payable When Able(PWA). There are no conditions whatsoever and I will be forever thankful to this wonderful family. Someday I will disclose their identity.

This miracles and blessings are the main reason why I do this Daily Gospel blog because I could not contain myself to Praise and Thank our God almighty for all the good things he has done for us.

Let's all remember that God's miracle for my family and your family will always be a blessing. Continue to thank Him for all the big and little miracles in our lives that sometimes we forgot to appreciate.

May God continue to shower us with His miracles forever. God bless us all!

Post a Comment

Please type your sharing/reflection here.